XT Scanner Cleaning and Disinfecting Instructions
For the XT scanner to function properly, it is essential to maintain a clean surface, without dust or scratches.
The glass surfaces of screen and the cameras can be cleaned using the same Optical Cleaning Products used to clean eyeglasses or cell phone glass surfaces. These Optical Cleaning Products include lens tissues, microfiber cloths and cleaning solutions designed to remove residue or debris from optical components without the risk of damaging the surface.
The environmental protection agency has published a list of antimicrobial products for use against the Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 which causes COVID-19:
One of the items on this list is Clorox Disinfecting Wipes.
HOW TO CLEAN THE FINGERPRINT SENSOR IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS:
- Use Ethanol or Isopropanol in a concentration of up to 70%. Common glass cleaner solutions such as Windex can also be used.
- Apply the liquid to a soft lint-free material (same used to clean eyeglasses or camera lenses) or to a cotton swab and gently wipe the capture area.
- If necessary, gently dab the fingerprint sensor (do not wipe) with a soft cloth (not paper) dampened with a mild ammonia-based glass cleaner to remove any milky haze.
- Repeat the previous steps until the fingerprint sensor completely clean (make sure there is no residual solution left over the surface of the fingerprint sensor.
NEVER DO THE FOLLOWING:
- DO NOT pour glass cleaner directly on the reader.
- DO NOT submerge the sensor in liquid.
- DO NOT rub the scanner with any abrasive material, including paper.
NOTE: To minimize the spread of germs, following CDC best practices wash your hands before and after touching the thermal reader and provide hand sanitizer.